Pyblish starter register_root

Hi,

It seams by using pyblish_starter.api.register_root we can change the publishing folder. but changing it rises an integration error. should I change the root in pyblish_qml too?

Hi @mosari, sorry for the late reply, have been out of the country for the past week.

This is the function here, and it doesn’t appear capable of raising any errors. Could you post the exact error you’re getting, along with how you call it?

should I change the root in pyblish_qml too?

“root” is unique to Pyblish Starter, pyblish-qml doesn’t know anything about that.

Do a search for “root” here to find out more about it.

thank you @marcus.

So how we can configure pyblish_starter to change workspace and publishing folders?

register_root() should be what you’re looking for, are you able to post the error you are seeing here?

After loading starter I use this codes to change the root:

from pyblish_starter import api
api.register_root(“d://”)

but during integrate this error arise:

Thanks! Have you had a look at the integrator plug-in?

If you expand that message, it should tell you at which line in the plug-in it’s failing. It looks like it’s assuming a path on C, rather than D.

Let me know what you find.

The image below shows the details

Cool, what do you think it could be?

Maybe try commenting out part of the process() function until the error goes away, then you’ll have a better idea of where to look. You can keep hitting publish in the GUI whilst you edit, plug-ins are reloaded automatically as you edit.

I suspect this one, which is trying to find a relative path from root. Maybe the file you are editing isn’t on the same drive? See if you can find a way around it. :slight_smile:

Thanks. I will try it ASAP.