Pixomondo Global Pipeline

Pyblish could fit nicely in their pipeline: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDKI-sHlSzI :smile:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing, putting this on my watch list. :slight_smile:

Ok, saw it. And, sigh… This will be kind of a rant, but here goes.

< rant >

It never ceases to amaze me how primitive an organisation of this size can be. It’s what got me interested in pipeline development in the first place. Then I learnt how stuck these “developers” are in their ways and lost interest in trying to do better.

The world doesn’t need better pipeline tools. It need developers with enough perspective to realise they don’t know anything and that there are plentiful of resources out there in neighbouring industries - mainly software development - to learn and borrow from.

Pixomondo, if you are seeing this, then read these and then tell me you did your research.

You will find answers to many if not all questions you asked yourself while implementing your system, along with proof of the countless many times they have been asked and solved before - especially in VFX. Probably by someone equally oblivious of their history.

And believe it or not, there is much more where that came from. I give you, the internet.

< /rant >

1 Like