Christmas Maintenance

Hi all,

I’m putting together an effort to repair and otherwise implement missing or broken parts of Pyblish over the holidays and would like to hear your thoughts on what you think a) is the most critical to take a look at and b) is best suited for myself, as opposed to a contributor.

Ideally I’d prefer tackling the things that perhaps only I could, leaving low hanging fruit for existing and upcoming contributors.

Considering where most of the traffic currently is, pyblish-lite seems where most work is required. Here are some of the currently active issues in the order of what I’d imagine might be most to least important.

pyblish-lite

Pick one or two you feel is most important to you, and I’ll try and have it done before Christmas.

If you have anything else outside of this list that troubles you, that’s fine too just let me know and I’ll make it happen.

As always, being an open source product, you are most welcome to share your own thoughts and code on areas that affect you the most.

Let me know what you think!

Marcus

That would be a great initiative :slight_smile:

I would say that the priority for me personally would be the list in reverse, so Sections and Filter visible plug-ins by currently toggled and supported instances are my suggestions for you to tackle.

1 Like

Would like to add something to the top of my list; Perspective View :smile:

That’s a bit too big of a task to tackle during a maintenance period. The primary goal is making sure what currently exists works, and works well.

Ahh, yeah I see :smile:

Think this https://github.com/pyblish/pyblish-lite/issues/59 has moved to the top of the list :smile:

1 Like

For us that would be

1. Sections
  2. Filtering on visible plugins by toggled and supported instances
  3. https://github.com/pyblish/pyblish-lite/issues/59

These 3 are the biggest problem lite has right now, in my opinion

+1 for that order.

Sorry #3 has moved down again on my list, as I’m working around the problem